Monday, April 6, 2009

One Year + Bentley

Last Thursday, Louie surprised me with a nights stay at the Silver Mountain Resort, and an AWESOME dinner at the BEST steakhouse I know…Wolf Lodge.  Can you believe it has been one year since Louie and I have started dating?  Of course we knew each other before a year ago…but man has the year flown by!  I think at this time a year ago…we were planning our trip to Hawaii.  This year…sadly…we don’t have any big trip plans. 

Wolf Lodge definitely lived up to its reputation…as it does every time.  The Silver Mountain Resort is pretty cool, and was PACKED due to spring break.  We found our way up to the 5th floor…which was where the outdoor HOT TUB was…that overlooked the resort.   We got into the tub at 97 degrees…and go out of the tub when it went down to 96 degrees…we realized that it was broken and slowly getting colder.  It was fun while it lasted though!  Louie had upgraded to the “romantic package” which included champagne, candle, chocolates and bath salts.  We devoured those. 

Friday was a bit of a predicament.  We had ski passes to go up to Silver Mt…but we also had indoor water park passes.    It had just snowed on Thursday…so the snow was great.  We tried to see if I could get an extra night stay…but they were all booked.  We both finally agreed to do the water park, since we both hadn’t been there before…and we were over the ski season and ready for summer!  It was a great choice! 

The waterpark was pretty cool for all being inside.  They keep the inside temperature at like 85 degrees…so it is comfortable walking around in your bathing suit.  They had three large slides…and several water features.  The unique thing about this park was the fact they had a wave you could surf on.  Louie and I got on the wave…but only boogie boarded it!  It was way fun!  I definitely recommend it! 

Today…Monday…the weather is beautiful!  I took Bentley swimming at the local beach.  He LOVED it!  When we got back…he rolled and rolled in the dirt in the back yard…now he is all covered in wet dirt…or mud as we call it! 

grumpybentley sadbentley profilebentley

Have I mentioned that I am keeping this 50 mm Lens I am borrowing from Kyla?  haha…

4 comments:

Louie said...

It was a lot of fun!
Good Pictures of Bent!!!

Lydia said...

I love the profile picture of Bentley what a good shot.

Kyla said...

don't even bother coming this weekend if you don't have that lens with you!

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive that it's a year....Time flys when you are having fun.

Mom