Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend was busy and jam-packed!   Louie’s parents came into town for a visit!  They arrived Thursday evening, to a hamburger BBQ at our house!  We drove around a looked at the potential houses we would be viewing. 

I was still having issues with my sickness on Friday, so I decided to head to the doctor.  She said it was probably just some virus that I picked up, and that I would have to wait it out.  But…just to be safe, she is testing me for bacterial stuff, such as gee-r-dia, or salmonella.   Lets just say it was bad.   Nothing I could really do. 

Friday, while Louie was at work, we ran some errands, ate lunch at Blondies Deli and tooled around town.  Dinner was at the Bistro on Spruce, which was REALLY good…if only I had an appetite!  I definitely recommend it!  I decided to play in my softball tournament this weekend.  It was Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday…but I only participated in Friday’s game and Sunday ALL DAY!  Our game on Friday was a lot of fun and we skunked them!  WOO HOO!  

Saturday was house hunting day...we must’ve toured 7 houses or more.  It is fun to look at all the different ways to live!  It seemed like the houses I loved had something wrong with them…either the foundation was cracked or the wiring was old.  The “good” houses seemed to be located a little farther away then we originally wanted.  Something will come along. 

That afternoon we headed into Spokane to ride on the Gondola over the Spokane Falls. We ended up running into Matt/Casey, Babies, Mom and Erin at the park.  So both families got to meet finally!   We found a cool wall to take some photos and would be a fun to someday take a shoot there. 

MysseFamily

This wasn’t the exact shot that I wanted…and taken with Louie’s point and shoot…but it turned out. 

Saturday night was a steak/shrimp BBQ in our backyard, with a bonfire to burn up all the sticks that had fallen down during winter.

Sunday…softball ALL DAY!  we placed 2nd overall, making it to the championship game, only losing 17-22…sad.  I ended up getting burned on my face.  Louie and I also went to 17 again…it was pretty good.  Probably a renter though for most people.

Today, I have my phone hearing for unemployment.  It has definitely made me nervous and antsy all day.  I think I am going to head to the beach and relax until the phone call.

4 comments:

Louie said...

GOOD CALL!
Think positive you will do great!

Lydia said...

What a great weekend, it was a lot of fun for us and I am so glad we got to meet your mom and dad.

Kyla said...

Hope you feel better! Sounds like a fun weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

The weekends are fun and I love looking at houses too.

Mom