Monday, February 9, 2009

Calfornia for the 3rd time in 3 months.

This past long weekend was spent in California for an interview with Orbital on Vandenburg Air Force Base. I believe the interview went well...and I won't know until the beginning of March if I got the job.

I drove up to Morro Bay to spend the rest of the weekend with my brother and his wifey Danielle. Friday night we had a bbq with the whole gang, and had a great time!

Brent had to work both Saturday and Sunday...so I only got to see him that one night. Saturday morning Danielle, Adam, Heather and I went to Cayucos, to watch the big surf competition. The waves were HUGE! Here are some shots from the competition.


Danielle and Heather on the pier.

Cool Shot of a surfer coming from outside of the barrel.

This surfer is gone!

Danielle said this is Eric, who would probably win the surf competition
Catching a wave

woo hoo! Go blondie!

This kid has nice form

All the little duckies lined in a row

Jumping off the pier so he doesn't have to break surf

Surveying the scene

And GONE!

The BIG wave, where they had to jet ski the surfers in.
He caught a nice one!

Saturday, we also hiked in Los Osos up this hill for an amazing view of Morro Bay. It worked my big butt, which was good!



Saturday night, we met up with Shelly and the gang at Mr. Ricks in Avila for some reggae fun and dancing! It was fun to be with the girls on a night out! We stayed with Shelly in Shell Beach for the night.

Sunday we went to a fun little breakfast place in Pismo Beach, walked the beach and downtown...and then I had to sadly drive back to Santa Barbara to catch a plane home. It is COLD here!!!

3 comments:

Louie said...

That surf competition looked like a lot of fun!

Kyla said...

great pics! i want a telephoto lens!!! looks like you had a great time, but where's the pic of YOU???

Lydia said...

The photos of the surfers are very good. I love the one with the wave over him. I'm glad you had fun.