Monday, September 21, 2009

What was Before Is No Longer

This past weekend, Louie's parents were in town, yet again to help us with the house. They also had an excuse to visit because of a concert in Spokane they went to see on Saturday evening. Lots was accomplished this weekend...the biggest is that the furnace is back up and running! Which is good because the new thermostat reads 54 degrees this morning. brrr. We also got the home theater outlets to have a new breaker and power to them. Also...I came up with a new idea. The running joke is that I am not allowed to watch the DIY network anymore. I come up with new grand ideas and the old projects just seem to get bigger and bigger. With this new imac though...i decided it needed a new home sweet home. I found this on their website...

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-build-an-office-under-the-stairs/index.html


so the project began to build a office under the stairs. It should be pretty cool. I guess while Louie was demolishing...he cut right into the water line for upstairs and water went everywhere. Lydia and I were sad we missed that one. (we were out shopping). So this is what is new with the house...


Also it was my dad's birthday this weekend. We celebrated by going out to Azteca for dinner and had icecream in mom and erin's new house. It was fun. Mom and Erin moved into their new house this weekend...so we now have them three blocks away. Watch out...the Dvoraceks are all within a 7 block radius!

4 comments:

Louie said...

That is a scary thought! haha.
This weekend was great, one of these days our living room will be livable :)

Kyla said...

DIY and HGTV are the best! I can't get enough Sweat Equity. :) Good idea for under the stairs! No wasted space! We are building a half-wall for behind the couch right now with storage. :) Post more pics soon!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to me that I see you often yet it is your blog where I learn most of the info about your life. Go figure!

Mom

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to me that I see you often yet it is your blog where I learn most of the info about your life. Go figure!

Mom