Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And He's Off


Just now, my dad came over with his truck, camper, and car. He is on his way to the sunny south for 7 months. His dream is becoming a reality...getting away from the snow and joining the other snowbirds in California/Arizona. Lets just say, Bentley and I will thoroughly miss him...especially Bentley. It has become a routine were dad comes every morning to pick up Bentley for the day while I am at work. He comes at 8 am every morning, walking in the same direction. Bentley knows this is coming, and wakes me up to let him outside. Sometimes at 6 am, and sometimes not till right at 8 am. Bentley sits on the front porch, sometimes for hours, and just watches in the direction dad always comes. I am afraid that tomorrow morning is going to come as a shock for him, when dad does not come around that corner at 8 am. We will have some adjustments to make. Good Luck Dad!

5 comments:

Louie said...

Good For your dad! It will be sad not to have him around :(

Lydia said...

I know Bentley is going to miss him so bad :( Maybe he is going to need a playmate... (Sadie) hint hint :o)

Kyla said...

poor bentley! :( but i am happy for jim! hope he has fun. :) will he come back to visit at all?

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Well the Dvoraceks will no longer be 7 blocks away from each other! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your dad has gained weight! Ha ha ha! I must admit I will really miss him too.

Mom