Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ironman 2009

My friend Hana Truscott is currently on the bike for the Ironman race today.  It started at 7 am with a 2.4 mile swim, in which she completed in 1 hour and 20 minutes.  She was on the bike by 8:30 am…and will be for the next 4-6 hours completing 112 miles.  Louie, Bentley and I were there to witness this madness.

Swimmers

swimmers2

swimmers3

swimtobike

The Series of wetsuit stripping.  I want this job next year!  A random athlete:

wetsuit1 wetsuit2 wetsuit3

Hana #79:

hanaswim hanastrip

To the Bikes:

bikes seaofbikes

There goes Hana!

hanabike

After 112 miles of biking….here’s whats to come:

biketorun

2 comments:

Louie said...

YAY HANA!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow that swimming one is intense.. i'm pretty sure I would have drowned..and if not.. I would have died on the 112 mile bike ride!!! Dang.... I will NEVER be that fit... I give mad props to your friend.