Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Glasses

Yesterday I went to an all day Solidworks Conference, to preview and learn a little bit about the new 2009 release.  I was the one and only female engineer in a room of about 100.  It was a little odd to look around and notice this.  It was really fun to go to lunch, because we were forced to sit in tables of 8 and interact.  I sat next to a gentleman who designed the yellow bee traps (did you know they were made in the Spokane Valley).  I also reconnected with a guy from my Freshman year of college!  It was fun to feel important!

From 1-3, the conference was going over a software that our company doesn't own (I wish we did), so I decided to do a little shopping in the nearby Valley Mall.  It turns out that Lens Crafters was having 50% off lens sale.  This would be the third place I have looked for new glasses.  I finally found a pair that I liked!  It took me awhile to realize that I really do like the brown color of my old pair, and I was almost tempted to just put new lenses in my old frames that I had super-glued together...but who knows how much longer they would last.  So here they are...Lens Crafters turned them around in under an hour!

1008080949 1008080950

They are made by Burberry. I am having a hard time adjusting to the new prescription.  I almost wonder if they put the "-3.00" glass on the wrong side.  If it doesn't get "clearer" in the next few days...then I will have them checked.  (I needed new glasses, one, because my old pair are an old prescription, and two, I have to wear my glasses more until my eyes heal).

Last nights "championship" softball game was pretty intense.  Louie showed up, and our 10-2 lead ended up getting tied 10-10 in the bottom of the 6th inning.  We ended up scoring two runs in the top of the 7th, meaning the other team had some work to do.  The 11th run came in, and then there was a controversial 3rd out call that the umpire made.  Their runner from third base was coming home, and ended up diving head first into our catcher who was there with the ball.  The ball ended up getting yanked from the mitt, so in Major League baseball, the runner would be considered safe...but this is rec softball...so the ump said the runner purposely ran into the catcher and called him out still...meaning we won the game, the championship.  It was intense.  Louie wasn't sure if his showing up was causing our run of bad luck...but I was happy he came!

We watched Monday night's Heroes episode last night.  I am starting to get more and more into it...but like Kyla and Louie are both saying...it is kinda hard to follow.  Where are they going with this!!! 

Louie and I were supposed to go to our first dancing class on Monday,  but he was tired from traveling all day, and I wasn't motivated (it doesn't start until 8 pm), so we ditched this week.  I guess we can still go next Monday...We'll see. 

3 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh said...

I like the new glasses!!! :D R u gonna wear contax or glasses Saturday???

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have new glasses. Your eyes need a rest. I am also glad that you write this blog...even though I saw you today I learned about the game...things you never told me.

Thanks for you help with the computer...

Mom

Louie said...

Oh we will go next monday!